- Fibre to the Premise: nbn will run a fibre optic line all the way to your premises.
- Fibre to the Node: nbn will run fibre to a cabinet near your home and then connect to your home via the existing copper network already at your premises.
- Fibre to the Building: This is generally used when nbn connects to an apartment block or similar type of building. Fibre is run into the basement of the building and existing cabling in the building is used to connect into each apartment.
- Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC): Will be used when the existing ‘pay TV’ or cable network can be used to reach your home.
- Fixed Wireless: Data is sent from a transmission tower in your area and travels wirelessly to an antenna installed on your roof.
Modified on: Fri, 5 Apr, 2019 at 11:35 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.